Visit The Flying Midget's Favorite DC Coffee Shop at www.PoundCoffee.com

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nice to be on a team.

So, I had a good time at Vint Hill. Got to watch Joe do a warm up ride and solo the 3/4 race with Andrew taking 2nd. Chip won the masters race, in a solo break?????? I guess he forgot he is a sprinter.

After paying my $5 to race ,thanks MABRA, I lined up with the team. The plan was to go from the gun and try to set up a break. Then some of our guys would bridge. Check. After we got an good gap from the field with two HH cycling guys, Joe somehow bridges across, it must have been a hard effort. After that I kept letting gaps open with Steve and Joe in 3 or 4 rider groups but it kept coming back together. After several laps of that, Steve attacked and stayed off the front for around a lap or so. Then Evan countered as soon as we made contact with Steve. It was my turn so I jumped onto Evans wheel and let him pull me for the last 3rd of the race. I knew I had two strong as hell guys behind me and was hoping one of them would bridge up or at least Evan would get tired. Well, Evan never got tired and attacked on the little hill before the finish, taking the win. Steve ended up trying to bridge and rolled through in 3rd, Jared 5th, Joe 8th. I won a prime of 2 pairs of Gam Jam socks. One pair is XL and the other womans small.



I now know who Evan is and will not ask him if he was a cat 3 last year again.. Its not my fault I don't know anyone in the 1/2/3 field. Hell this time last year I was still doing 4/5 races. I know the names of these people just not their faces, yet.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan-

    Send me the socks and I'll exchange them for whatever size you need. Drop me an email at mike at gamjams dot net and we'll work out the details.

    Masterful effort yesterday.

    allez,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Evan gets asked all the time if he was a cat 3 last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't expecting an excange, but that would be nice. I still don't have a pair of GJ socks.

    And when Evan Asked my name and then he said "Oh i've met you", the only thing I could think of was that we raced together last year.

    ReplyDelete